The Competition and Consumer Affairs Commission (CCAC) was established in 2006 and became fully operational in 2010. The Commission functions objectively in executing the laws governing the Competition and Fair-Trading Act NO.11 of 2006 and the Consumer Affairs Act No.13 of 2011.
We are here to ensure that consumer affairs and free and fair competition are evident in production, trade and commerce in Guyana.
The essay competition is open to persons between the ages of 14 – 16 and 17-21 residing in Guyana.
The deadline for submissions is March 1, 2021, at 3:30 pm.
The winners in the first second and third place categories will receive gift vouchers valued $40,000, $30,000 and $25,000 respectively.
The winners in the first second and third place categories will receive gift vouchers valued $50,000, $40,000 and $25,000 respectively.
The winning essays will be publicized on CCAC’s website.
All winners will be honoured with their prizes on World Consumer Rights Day, March 15, 2021.
The following outlines the format in which the essay should be composed:
Submissions must have a cover sheet containing the following information:
– Only one essay per student must be submitted
– Essays must be original and written by the author.
– Any portion of the submission entered which is protected by copyright, any other intellectual property right or the right of a third party, may not be entered unless the author has obtained all required authorizations.
– Essays should be submitted via email to email@example.com or delivered to the CCAC’s office at the National Exhibition Site. Sophia, Georgetown Guyana.
– The required cover page and essay must be attached in a word document if submitted via email and should be under the caption, WCRD Essay.
– The subject line of the email should read ‘Submission for Essay Competition’. Essays must be received no later than March 1, 2021, at 3:30 pm. Essays received after this date and time will be disqualified.
Essays will be judged based on the following criteria: